I shared my goal of reading 100 books this year. I often set reading goals, but I don’t make myself do a reading challenge. I know a lot of people like reading challenges to force them to branch out and read new things. But I know myself and it don’t like to be forced to read something.
I also know that I already read a wide range of books. I don’t really feel the need to branch out at this point. Someday I might, but for now I think I read a good mix of non-fiction and fiction that includes a wide range of subjects.
Instead of doing specific reading challenges, I tend to make myself a list of books I hope to read. Often it is a bookshelf that I put the books on. Other times it is a list I write like the one I am sharing today.
I don’t stick hard and fast to this list though. I will read more books than this list. I also might not get to all the books on this list. Some years I read about half of my to read pile and other years I read more. Hopefully I will get most of these read by the end of 2017.
Here are 23 of the books I hope to read. I will add other books into the mix and I will be sharing my progress weekly on Sunday evenings.
- Residence by Kate Andersen Brower
- A Higher Call by Adam Makos
- Into the Abyss by Carol Shaben
- Spy Mistress by Jennifer Chiaverini
- Just Show Up by Kara Tippets
- Trapped In Hitlers Hell by Anita Dittman
- Hands Free Mama by Rachel Stafford
- Coming Clean by Seth Haines
- Out of the Depths by Edgar Harrell
- The Bad Ass Librarians of Timbuktu by Joshua Hammer ( I wish this book had a better title, but it sounds like a fascinating story and I really want to read it. So on my list it goes.)
- Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman
- The Eighty Dollar Champion by Elizabeth Letts
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Martha Washington An American Life by Patricia Brady
- Rise of the Rocket Girls by Nathalia Holt
- The Candy Bombers by Andrei Cherny
- First Women by Kate Andersen Brower
- Killing the Rising Sun by Bill O’Reilly
- When Books Went To War by Molly Guptill Manning
- Extraordinary Ordinary People by Condoleeza Rice
- Terrible Typhoid Mary by Susan Campbell Bartoletti
- Lost Women of the Bible by Carolyn Custis James
- The Lost Art of Dress by Linda Prybyszewski