Have you ever wondered what books were popular or were published in the 1990s?
These lists are so much fun to put together. I am always surprised but how old some books are and how new others are. I can’t list all the books that were published in the 1990s. Instead, I am sharing books that are classics, have stood the test of time, or were best sellers.
This list made me feel kind of old. In the 1990s I graduated from high school, got married, and had my first child.
I have always loved reading, but the 1990s were not my best reading years. Some of the books on this list really surprised me. Some of the books I remember well and some I had no idea were published in the 1990s.
I hope that you enjoy these lists as much as I do!
Books Published In the 1990s
Books Published In 1990
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Suess
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy
Books Published In 1991
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Redeeming Love by Francine River
- Wild Swans by Jung Chang
- If You Give A Moose a Muffin by Laura Joffe Numeroff
- Neither Here Nor There by Bill Bryson
Books Published In 1992
- The Pelican Brief by John Grisham
- Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus by John Gray
- Band of Brothers by Stephen E. Ambrose
- Truman by David McCullough
- The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller
Books Published In 1993
- The Giver by Louis Lowry
- The Client by John Grisham
Books Published In 1994
- Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil
- Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey ( I had no idea this one was so old.)
- At Home In Mitford by Jan Karon
- No Ordinary Time by Doris Kearns Goodwin
Published In 1995
- The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
- Left Behind by Tim LaHaye
- The Rainmaker by John Grisham
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
- The Color of Water by James McBride
- The Liars’ Club by Mary Karr
Books Published in 1996
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Into the Wild by John Krakauer
- The Notebook by Nicholas Spark
- Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding
- Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt
Books Published In 1997
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
- Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
Books Published In 1998
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- A Walk In the Woods by Bill Bryson
- The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
- A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar
- How To Cook Everything by Mark Bittman
- The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel
Books Published In 1999
- Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
- A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks
- The Bad Beginning- A Series of Unfortunate Events Book One by Lemony Snicket
- Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand
- Isaac’s Storm by Erik Larson
- Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden
2 thoughts on “Books Published In the 1990s”
Wow. Interesting to see these books all in one place. So many good books! (I must have been in a reading phase in the 1990’s because I have read lots of these and many that I haven’t read, I have heard about and can even picture how the covers look!)
Love that you also included children’s books. Had no idea the Dr. Seuss book was just released in 1990!
I just bought Isaac’s Storm by Erik Larson for my boss for Boss’s Day. Also got a copy for me since I haven’t read that one but it sounds very interesting.
Love this blog. It’s a huge resource for me for gift giving and for just when I need a good book!
As always – thank you for the inspiration (reading AND food)!
I was also surprised that Dr. Suess’s book was released in 1990. I thought it was much older. I really enjoyed Isaac’s Storm. It is a great gift for someone that loves nonfiction. I hope you enjoy it too. And thank you for your kind words. I am so glad that you enjoy both our book site and my recipe site. Thank you!.