A list of fiction books that are on my to be read list for 2023.
Over the last few weeks, I have realized that I had decision fatigue when it came to books and reading in 2022.
I have so many books on my shelves and on my Kindle that when I wanted something to read I would stare at my shelves for way too long trying to find something to read next.
For 2023 I decided that I needed to narrow down what I wanted to read but still give myself room to read what I want.
I picked about fifty books from my shelf that I moved to a priority reading list. When I want something to read this year I plan to go to this list first.
Most years I read about one hundred books. Having a list of around fifty books on my priority to be read list will allow me to tackle my to be read stack, but will also allow me room to read what I want and read any new releases that I decide to read.
I think it will be the best of both worlds for my reading life.
Earlier this week I shared my nonfiction to be read list for 2023. Today I am sharing my list of fiction books that I hope to read. Later this month I will share a stack of Christian books I hope to read for my Sunday Reading posts.
If you have read any of the books on my list I would love to hear what you thought. What should I move to the top of my stack?
Fiction Books To Read In 2023
- Yellow Wife by Sadequ Johnson– My daughter gave me this for Christmas because she knows that I enjoy historical fiction. Read in March.
- A Gentleman In Moscow by Amor Towles – This has been in my to be read stack for several years. I really hope to get to it this year. Read in February.
- The Woman with the Blue Star by Pam Jenoff – I enjoyed another book by Pam Jenoff so I think I will enjoy this one.
- This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger – I have never read anything by Kent Krueger, and this one sounds like a good one to start with.
- Luck of the Titanic by Stacey Lee– I enjoy Stacey Lee’s writing and I hope to read all her books. Read In April.
- The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray – I ended up with two copies of this book, so I guess that means I really wanted to read it. Read In April.
- The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate – Another author that I love and hope to read all her books.
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah – I read The Four Winds last year and really enjoyed it so I hope I enjoy this one too.
- Send Down the Rain by Charles Martin – Another author that has been in my to be read stack for a long time. I decided to start with this one.
- The Shell Seekers by Rosamund Pilcher– I read two other books by Rosamund Pilcher last year and hope to read more by her. Read In May.
- A Place on Earth by Wendell Berry
- Remembering by Wendell Berry – Another author that I hope to read more of.
- A Place To Land by Lauren K. Denton
- Our Darkest Night by Jennifer Robson
- A Fall of Marigolds by Susan Meissner – Another author that I want to read more of.
- The World Played Chess by Rober Dugoni
- Dangerous Beauty by Melissa Koslin
- Sold on Monday by Kristina McMorris – I added this one to my to be read stack after hearing an interview with the author.
What fiction books do you hope to read in 2023?